Our software team has been hard at work bringing the latest version of Android to our Moto X users more quickly than ever. When it came to KitKat, we couldn’t wait to deliver. Our software strategy is to build on a pure Android foundation and complement existing Google services, not compete with them. We think this latest release is just that—all the features you love about your Moto X with the latest Android OS.
The KitKat update brings a bunch of improvements, including some of our favorites:
- An improved phone dialer. Now you can search for contacts directly from the dial-pad and easily see and tap on those you contact frequently.
- More gallery goodies. KitKat packs in some cool, new gallery effects—such as Posterize, Highlights, and Edges. You can even use the Draw feature to annotate your photos freehand with your finger.
- New Hangouts app. All of your conversations now in one place—texts, video calls, and other chats all together in one app. Plus, you can now send animated gifs and share your location.
- Color Emoji. For when words aren’t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
- Drag to focus and expose. An updated camera app lets you control both the focus and exposure of your photos. Simply drag your finger to set just the right exposure and focus point.
- And more… Restyled status and navigation bars, new full-screen mode, and enhancements to Motorola features like Touchless Control.
And this is just the beginning -- we will have more KitKat for Moto X news to share on other carriers and countries very soon.
For more details and information, please see our release notes or check our software upgrade page.
Updated November 21, 2013
KitKat is now rolling out to Moto X users on T-Mobile.
Updated November 22, 2013
KitKat is now rolling out to Moto X users on AT&T.
Updated December 12, 2013
KitKat is now rolling out to Moto X users on Sprint and US Cellular.
Posted by Steve Horowitz, SVP Software Engineering