We are partnering with Chicago Cares and five local schools and nonprofit organizations to beautify and improve Chicago by crafting school murals, public gardens, community picnic tables, and more. At Motorola we aim to improve people’s lives, whether it’s through the devices we create or in how we give back to our communities through our Foundation and service.
Site projects include:
- Back of the Yards - Lara Academy: Building planter boxes, picnic tables and benches, allowing 530 students to enjoy the outdoors when school starts next week!
- Brighton Park - Shields Elementary: Giving ten classrooms a fresh look with a new coat of paint and creating a dozen inspirational murals to breathe new life into the school.
- South Shore - Rebecca K. Crown Center: Working with 30 kindergarteners on science projects and get them excited for the start of school.
- North Lawndale - MLK District Garden: Maintaining the community’s gardens by planting fruit trees and shrubs and building benches and tables.
- Englewood - Hinton Elementary: Creating a more inviting atmosphere with murals throughout the school and making updates to the school grounds.
See more pictures from the day's activities at our Facebook page and to stay up on our latest projects around Chicago and beyond.
Posted by Michelle Moceri, Human Resources